As a member of the Finance Team, the full-time Accounts Payable Analyst reports to the Controller, and is responsible for full cycle multi-company Accounts Payable while providing assistance to the Finance team where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process full cycle Accounts Payable using Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Managing accounts payable mailbox to respond to vendor enquiries and process all invoices received accurately and efficiently.
- Code and enter all invoices, maintain vendor files, account reconciliations, and other month-end duties.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Process journal entries, including accruals.
- Month-end analysis of expenditures including variance analysis.
- Prepare wires, ACH’s, and cheques for vendor payments.
- Assist Finance team in any area requiring assistance.
- Minimum 5 years of full cycle accounts payable experience.
- Post-Secondary graduate, who has completed Accounting courses.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel).
- Good understanding of the accounting cycle and processes.
- Has full understanding of intercompany transactions.
- Attention to detail, ability to analyze, solve problems, to prioritize busy workload, ability to work independently as well as within a team environment, and excellent communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is an asset.